A cracked foundation is most often observed on the driest portions of the face, such as the corner of the nose and beneath the eye. It is mainly caused by a lack of water. When your concealer or foundation begins to crumble, this indicates that the foundation is fractured. If you’ve ever applied makeup foundation only to have it crack and crumble soon after, you know how frustrating it can be! In this article, we’ll share some tips on how to prevent makeup foundations from cracking. So, let’s get started!
Why Does Makeup Foundation Crack?
There are a few potential causes for foundations to crack when used in makeup.
- One of the reasons is that the foundation was not applied to skin that was first cleansed and then moisturised. If you have dry skin, your foundation will seep into your skin, which will cause it to break. This can be worse in the winter or when you’re not drinking enough water.
- Dehydration. When your skin is dehydrated, it will begin to produce less oil in an attempt to compensate for the lack of water. This can cause foundation to break down and crack as it no longer adheres well to dry skin.
- Another explanation might be that the foundation isn’t designed for people with your particular skin type. For instance, if you have oily skin, you should stay away from foundations that are too matte and choose one that is dewier instead.
- Last but not least, if you apply your foundation with the incorrect tools, this may also cause it to fracture. For instance, if you use a brush that is too stiff, it will pull at the foundation, which can cause it to crack. The same thing may happen if you use a brush that is too soft.
How to Prevent Makeup Foundation from Cracking
It is critical to recognize that a cracked foundation is created not by the substance itself, but by how it is applied. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to avoid this.
- To begin, make sure you’re using a high-quality foundation that’s appropriate for your skin type. For example, if you have dry skin, search for a foundation that is moisturising or even somewhat dewy.
- Next, make sure your skin is clean and hydrated before applying your foundation. This will make it easier to apply the foundation and keep it from seeping into your skin.
- Finally, apply your base using the proper equipment. A moist beauty sponge or beauty blender is an excellent choice for diluting and softening the foundation. Blend the foundation in with stippling movements across your hairline, cheekbones, and t-zone.
If your foundation continues to dry out or crack, consider combining it with a soothing beauty oil. This will assist to provide moisture to the foundation and keep it from drying out.
Tips to Prevent Makeup Foundation from Cracking
Here are some pointers to keep your makeup foundation from cracking:
- Use a high-quality foundation that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Always use foundation on clean, hydrated skin.
- Apply your foundation using the proper equipment, such as a moist beauty blender or a beauty sponge.
- If your foundation continues to dry out or crack, consider combining it with a soothing beauty oil.
Is Your Foundation Actually Cracking versus Sticking?
Believe it or not, you may actually have a completely different problem with your foundation.
If your foundation appears to be cracking and crumbling, it may actually be sticking instead. This is typically a result of a build-up of makeup or dirt on your skin that makes the foundation harder to remove when you go to wash your face.
To prevent this issue, make sure to cleanse and moisturize your skin regularly, and use gentle, oil-free products whenever possible. Additionally, try using a soft cloth or brush to remove any excess liquid foundation from your face before putting on additional makeup or skincare products.
By following these measures, you will significantly reduce the likelihood of your makeup foundation cracking. We really hope that these helpful hints will enable you to avoid foundation cracking in the future! I am appreciative of your time! Thanks for visiting with the Superficial Girls blog and be sure to check out the rest of our amazing content at our blog.
Leave a Reply